Thai Traditional Steam Sauna – Home use
Herbal therapies have long been used and played a key role in Thai traditional healing. In the past, these local indigenous knowledge took pace at home and women took advantage of these healing secrets that passed down from one generation to the next. At home various herbs formulae would be mixed for all ailments associated with pregnancy and childbirth, in modern times however such formulae is often related to detoxification and bring back balance state of body.
Herbal steam treatment can be done regularly. The process involves sitting in a small tent where herbs mixture were steamed in a stove placed inside the tent. Each treatment would last approximately 15-20 minutes. It is believe that the greater amount of sweat, the better the detoxification on the body. Some tips on conducting steam sauna at home:
- Sauna tent must be 180cm height and 80 cm width, clean and saft with temperature approximately 45-52 degree celsius. if the temperature is higher than this, it will endanger to human skin
- Sauna pot should be a sizable pot with diameter around 12 inches in order to put in 500 cc water per 70 grams of dried herbs or 0.5kgs-1kg of fresh herbs. Normal ingredients of herbs are Zingiber Cassumunar, White turmeric, Curcuma Amada, Lemongrass, soap pot etc. (We have ready-to-use herb products available for sale)
- Boil all ingredients and place it under the chair or stool where its height must not be higher than 50 cm from the floor, inside the sauna tent
- A chair or stool for sitting inside sauna tent should be wooden and covered by a towel to prevent the bottom overheated
- Take a shower before doing the steam shower
- A very few pieces of cloths should b ewarn inside sauna tent or take off all of it when sitting inside the tent during the treatment
- There will be vapor emitted from boiling herbs, recommend to inhale its aroma and opening the tent every few minutes to rest.
- after finish the treatment , rest until skin is dry and rink at least a few glass of water then can have a shower or soaking in herbal bath soak.